Be our sponsor
Sponsor what we do for as little as £60 a month
We are looking to work with great local brands to support what we do. In return, we can give you access to one of the best digital audiences in Glasgow. And by that we mean one of the most targeted (on the West End area of the city) and one of the most engaged (just look at how are our social media gets liked and shared).
When you become a sponsor, you will get a presence on our website and on our social media channels. You will also get access to our audience through content that you create and that we present and then publish.
Packages or Issues cost from the equivalent of just £60 per month* - and can be taken out over two months (one Issue) or up to six months (three Issues).
As a sponsor, you get:
- Brand visibility on this website with a Digital Ad (1430 x 550px) that stays live over the course of each Issue (two months) and which can link to an appropriate landing page of your choice
- Inclusion in our Sponsors Gallery, which is pinned in the Sponsored section on our site. References include 150 words of text about your brand and a thumbnail image, and posts will remain live for the course of the Issue you are signed up to. We will also share that page regularly on our social media channels for marketing purposes
- Access to our audience through a piece of Content that you create and that we present and publish (per Issue that you pay for). This could be a press release that your marketing team has prepared with accompanying photographic content, or a supplied written column that promotes your expertise or brand and is accompanied by photos.
- Alternatively, we can create a Blog Page which you can contribute content to either through text, photos or both. This may suit brands and small businesses who do not have a marketing budget but just want to offer shorter updates and reports.
- That content that you create is then shared on our Social Channels through FOUR actions: Tweet, reTweet, Facebook post, and Instagram Story. Those actions will be limited to the Issue that you are included in. For brands that opt to post a blog page, the same social media actions apply. Promotions will be properly declared as 'paid partnerships' or sponsored #ad posts.
- Sponsors will benefit from additional social media sharing and engagement through our channels where the sponsors own content posted on their channels is considered appropriate and appealing to our audience.
- Encouragement and advice to maximise the content that we publish about you, and how you can best promote that content.
We are limiting the number of local sponsors we work with on any one Issue to no more than five in the first instance, so that we can offer the best level of service to each brand’s needs. The prices are as follows:
- One Issue (over two months) - £140
- Two Issues (four months) - £130 (per Issue). Total £260
- Three Issues (six months) - £120 (per Issue). Total £360
About our website
Unusually, we were a website first. Set up in 2016, the site has evolved from a licensed platform owned by a small start-up company in north-west England, to a wholly-owned Glasgow operation. After a buy-out in December 2021, the site is owned and edited by freelance journalist and former Herald news editor Ian Marland. A fully-trained journalist of nearly 30 years experience, Ian has worked across media in Scotland, including Press Association, The Scotsman, The Times, BBC Scotland and STV. His website www.glasgowwestendtoday.scot has more than 100,000 unique views each year.
About our social media channels
We use our social media channels to drive followers to our website where they see our words about you and your adverts. We also use our social audience to share a digital version of our magazine, published on the Issuu platform. As of July 2022, we had 52,000 followers across Twitter, Mastodon, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and e-subscribers. We think that is the largest audience targeted solely on the West End of Glasgow. It is also one of the most engaged. Because people follow us for positive, original content about only the West End, our engagement rate is higher than many of the bigger platforms when it comes to local content. That’s why it pays to advertise with us.
About digital-only promotions
This service is still available, but only when resources allow. We also know through experience that only certain campaigns work effectively online. If you think you have a story that would engage a digital audience, do not hesitate to get in touch. We will be happy to advise you on a package of promotion that will work for you and offer a fair quote. Prices start from £150 for a promoted post and social media campaign over 48-hours, and go up to £250 for a four-day campaign. Both packages include paid boosts of £15 and £30 respectively.
To find out more about how we can help you, drop us a line at email@example.com
* Packages are subject to change and components may be removed and applied at short notice. Where this happens, we will endeavour to communicate and notify our partners and sponsors.