Crow Road lollipop petition set to top 1,000 names
Residents say the road has been dangerous for a long time
Artist Mach salutes bard with 'Flying Haggis'
The work was commissioned by the University of Glasgow’s Centre for Robert Burns Studies
Rare instrument donated to Oxfam on Byres Road
The Hungarian Cimbalom could be worth thousands of pounds
Celtic Connections gets ready to entertain Glasgow
Live shows will run alongside a programme of online performances
Maryhill and Whiteinch libraries to reopen after closures
The buildings have been closed for nearly two years
New season and new home for youth theatre
The first session in the new block is this Sunday January 23.
SWG3 begins work on urban art studio
The new space will be home to hundreds of artists, as well as youth and community organisations.
Landlords see strong returns in buoyant rental market
Ross Sales & Lettings offer first-class service to owners and tenants
Famous West End hotel reopens in new hands
Glasgow Grosvenor Hotel is under new ownership and management.
'Free coffee if you recycle your Christmas tree'
Hillhead Bookclub wants people to think green after Christmas
'Novice' runner clocks up 2,600 miles for charity
Scott ran the equivalent of nearly 100 marathons in a year
Housebuilder gifts 300 Christmas books to school
Teachers asked for help to buy the books as a special gift to children.
Help for those at risk of domestic abuse this Christmas
Police highlight powers to tackle violence in the home
'My mental health has been a bit of a journey for me'
Danny Campbell speaks candidly as his rugby club teams up with charity See Me
Santa swaps his sleigh for a paddleboard
More than 40 enthusiasts donned festive suits to take to the water
Update: Man, 59, arrested after woman assaulted on Kelvin Way
This story has been updated with new information
Drug dealer jailed over attempted murder of policeman
Wenjie Yu, 49, deliberately drove at PC Neil Kerr during a drugs bust in July 2020.
Top skills: City of Glasgow College team wins gold medal
HND television students beat off top institutions in national competition
The phone number that could save lives this winter
Homelessness campaign is giving people the tools they need to help others
Share your photos of the West End and Glasgow
Amateur photographers and professionals are invited to send in their snaps
Open-top tour bus finds ‘perfect’ voice for sightseers
Eddi Reader is the voice of a new open-top bus tour that will tell the story of the city's music heritage.
Cancer Research UK opens new charity shop on Byres Road
Cancer Research UK opens a new shop at 388 Byres Road which it says will help raise money towards new treatments and save lives.
‘Looking back, it has been another remarkable year’
Business owner John Turner offers some seasonal notes from Byres Road this Christmas, amid talk of Omicron and kindness.
BBC arm to operate £11.9m Kelvin Hall film and TV studios
Kelvin Hall is to make films and TV series for the BBC, ITV, Sky, Channel 4 and Netflix, after a deal was struck with BBC Studioworks.
Return of the Ice Age … Elfingrove rink not just one-off
Scotland’s biggest ice rink is opening to the public and organisers say the attraction will be an annual event.
Alchemy Experiment to host festive markets on Byres Road
Around 50 artists and makers will be selling from the arts hub on different days.
Fir sale … Christmas trees arrive at West End Garden Centre
The garden centre in Partick took delivery of its first consignment of festive stock this week.
Residents' shock at plans to demolish Wyndford towers
Letters were sent out this week to hundreds of people living in the Wyndford estate in Maryhill.
Nico steaks his name to new restaurant offering - Chateau-X
Chateau-X will open to the public at 10 Claremont Street in Finnieston on 8 December.
Check mates … designers capture Glasgow in 3D chess set
The Duke of Wellington statue complete with road-cone hat is one of the pieces.
£29m contract awarded for Govan-Partick bridge
The new pedestrian and cycle bridge will link Water Row in Govan and Pointhouse Quay in Partick.
School hosts first climate talks session with world leaders
Kelvinside Academy played host to a meeting of senior delegates attending the climate talks.
Country Living Christmas Fair is back at the SEC in Glasgow
Our offer provides a 30% discount on standard advance tickets for one adult visitor.
Glasgow cyclists protest outside COP26 climate talks
Cyclists say that active travel is not even up for discussion at COP26.
58,000 climate protesters expected at marches
Two large-scale climate change marches will see more than 58,000 protesters taking part on November 5 and 6.
- So lovely to see the 117 year-old pine parquet flooring in Maryhill Library, hidden under carpets for years, now beautifully restored by local contractor Natural Floors UK ahead of the reopening on Monday. Turns out our historic Carnegie library was worth 'gussying up' after all! 40 minutes ago by PaulJSweeney
- Shadows & shapes at Kelvingrove Art Gallery in Glasgow #believeinfilm 5 hours ago by gqGlasgow
- Face coverings continue to be mandatory on all our trains and in stations. Unless exempt, you must wear one when travelling. 6 hours ago by ScotRail
- This crossing is an essential route for pupils attending the local school yet drivers treat the red light as discretionary with a material number driving straight through, sitting across the junction and generally disregarding pedestrians. It’s not good enough - action is needed. ‘We are the fourth family to campaign for a lollipop person at this crossing.’ | Glasgow West End Today #petition #Glasgow glasgowwestendtoday.scot… 1 day ago8 hours ago by JillBGlasgow
- Good evening Twitter! Hope everyone has a good weekend 🤙🏻 Sunset nights in Glasgow 🌅👇🏻 #photography #photographer 19 hours ago by kylephotogr
- Stockingfield Junction #Glasgow #Scotland #stockingfield @SURFscot @ClaypitsLnr @scottishcanals @TNLComFund @SFT_Scotland @HeritageFundUK @Sustrans @Glasgow_Canal @GlasgowCC @SustransScot @scotgov @LUCtweeting @ScoConstructNow @DiscoverGlasgow @spottedbylocals @GlasgowWEToday 19 hours ago by EyeintheskyGla
- Streetlife. #glasgow #streetphotography #glasgowstreetphotography #monochrome #glasgowlife #glasgowstyle #glasgowfashion #glasgowcity 20 hours ago by 8cdmoflo
- Awesome photo of #Meatloaf in Glasgow taken by @ChappellsPaul (great story behind it - visit linkedin.com/posts/paul-… for more!) #RIPMeatLoaf 20 hours ago by nsdesign
- CHARITY TRUSTEES 🗣 We are looking to appoint at least three dynamic and driven individuals to join our Board of Trustees. You will be instrumental in helping us move towards a more sustainable future for the North Glasgow community. Apply today ⬇️ scottish-rowing.org.uk/a… 21 hours ago by TheFirhillYP
- ‘We are the fourth family to campaign for a lollipop person at this crossing.’ | Glasgow West End Today #petition #Glasgow glasgowwestendtoday.scot… 21 hours ago