£116m flagship research building welcomes its first experts
ARC will be home to 500 researchers over the next few months
Vikings light up Glasgow for Celtic Connections
Photographer Gaelle Beri captured these amazing images
How lockdown led Kenny on his Highlands odyssey
Glendrian boasts a stellar bill of Scottish folk talent
Crow Road lollipop petition set to top 1,000 names
Residents say the road has been dangerous for a long time
Artist Mach salutes bard with 'Flying Haggis'
The work was commissioned by the University of Glasgow’s Centre for Robert Burns Studies
Rare instrument donated to Oxfam on Byres Road
The Hungarian Cimbalom could be worth thousands of pounds
Celtic Connections gets ready to entertain Glasgow
Live shows will run alongside a programme of online performances
New season and new home for youth theatre
The first session in the new block is this Sunday January 23.
Maryhill and Whiteinch libraries to reopen after closures
The buildings have been closed for nearly two years
SWG3 begins work on urban art studio
The new space will be home to hundreds of artists, as well as youth and community organisations.
Landlords see strong returns in buoyant rental market
Ross Sales & Lettings offer first-class service to owners and tenants
Famous West End hotel reopens in new hands
Glasgow Grosvenor Hotel is under new ownership and management.
'Free coffee if you recycle your Christmas tree'
Hillhead Bookclub wants people to think green after Christmas
'Novice' runner clocks up 2,600 miles for charity
Scott ran the equivalent of nearly 100 marathons in a year
Housebuilder gifts 300 Christmas books to school
Teachers asked for help to buy the books as a special gift to children.
Help for those at risk of domestic abuse this Christmas
Police highlight powers to tackle violence in the home
'My mental health has been a bit of a journey for me'
Danny Campbell speaks candidly as his rugby club teams up with charity See Me
Santa swaps his sleigh for a paddleboard
More than 40 enthusiasts donned festive suits to take to the water
Update: Man, 59, arrested after woman assaulted on Kelvin Way
This story has been updated with new information
Drug dealer jailed over attempted murder of policeman
Wenjie Yu, 49, deliberately drove at PC Neil Kerr during a drugs bust in July 2020.
Top skills: City of Glasgow College team wins gold medal
HND television students beat off top institutions in national competition
The phone number that could save lives this winter
Homelessness campaign is giving people the tools they need to help others
Share your photos of the West End and Glasgow
Amateur photographers and professionals are invited to send in their snaps
Open-top tour bus finds ‘perfect’ voice for sightseers
Eddi Reader is the voice of a new open-top bus tour that will tell the story of the city's music heritage.
Cancer Research UK opens new charity shop on Byres Road
Cancer Research UK opens a new shop at 388 Byres Road which it says will help raise money towards new treatments and save lives.
‘Looking back, it has been another remarkable year’
Business owner John Turner offers some seasonal notes from Byres Road this Christmas, amid talk of Omicron and kindness.
BBC arm to operate £11.9m Kelvin Hall film and TV studios
Kelvin Hall is to make films and TV series for the BBC, ITV, Sky, Channel 4 and Netflix, after a deal was struck with BBC Studioworks.
Return of the Ice Age … Elfingrove rink not just one-off
Scotland’s biggest ice rink is opening to the public and organisers say the attraction will be an annual event.
Alchemy Experiment to host festive markets on Byres Road
Around 50 artists and makers will be selling from the arts hub on different days.
Fir sale … Christmas trees arrive at West End Garden Centre
The garden centre in Partick took delivery of its first consignment of festive stock this week.
Residents' shock at plans to demolish Wyndford towers
Letters were sent out this week to hundreds of people living in the Wyndford estate in Maryhill.
Nico steaks his name to new restaurant offering - Chateau-X
Chateau-X will open to the public at 10 Claremont Street in Finnieston on 8 December.
Check mates … designers capture Glasgow in 3D chess set
The Duke of Wellington statue complete with road-cone hat is one of the pieces.
£29m contract awarded for Govan-Partick bridge
The new pedestrian and cycle bridge will link Water Row in Govan and Pointhouse Quay in Partick.
School hosts first climate talks session with world leaders
Kelvinside Academy played host to a meeting of senior delegates attending the climate talks.
- US actor Leslie Grace spotted on set as ‘Batgirl’ filming takes place in ‘snowy’ Glasgow. A @UofGlasgow building in the Partick area of Glasgow was transformed into a US fire station and fake snow was used to complete the scene. #Batgirl #Glasgow #DCuniverse @lesliegrace 9 hours ago by Urban_Pictures
- 📍 Petals Flowers 311 Crow Road,Glasgow,G11 ▪️ Offers over £50,000 ▪️ Commercial Property ➡️ l8r.it/1RoE For more information or to arrange a viewing: 📱Send us a direct message or WhatsApp us ☎️ 0141 404 5474 📧 email@example.com 11 hours ago by mflcommercial
- Flagship university research building welcomes its first experts | Glasgow West End Today #glasgow glasgowwestendtoday.scot… 12 hours ago
- Our first day in 2022 seen us discuss plans, weed the area beside @PyramidAnderst1 (where our plants are starting to grow) and take a trip around the area setting our sights on more land to transform for the community. Huge thanks to everyone for helping 🌿💚 14 hours ago by AnderstonGS
- And they're back in! Bang on 1pm @SaveWhiteinch and the local community return to Whiteinch Library 16 hours ago by STVoliver
- Re-opening of Whiteinch library! Well done to the @SaveWhiteinch team ❤️ 16 hours ago by garyker
- There’s been an incident in Partick this morning. @GlasgowWEToday 21 hours ago by KelmanKevin
- ‘Music and a love of playing is at the heart of Glendrian’ | Glasgow West End Today #music #Glasgow @KennyMacKenzie glasgowwestendtoday.scot… 1 day ago
- What? Nothing to see here. Just a Jack Russell carrying its own bottle of @irnbru while having a daunder through the Necropolis in Glasgow... 1 day ago by AddictedToTweed
- There's much to complain about but occasionally there's some positivity on my feed! Like this terrific weeding effort @PyramidAnderst1 with @AnderstonGS 💚 Lots of fruitful conversation about green space regeneration in 2022! 1 day ago by MrScottGalloway