Mika & Me: 'Our first year in sharp focus'
Optician first in UK to offer Japanese aspheric lenses as standard
Why spring is still the best time to sell
Don't put off that move any longer, says expert
The Square Bar & Restaurant: A good shape in Broomhill
Venue is offering 20% off food during May and June
Down Your Way: Hooray for Thornwood
Thornwood Bar | GaGa | Found | Orzel
Pop-up market brings traders to Dumbarton Road
Former Woolworths and Poundland store welcomes back shoppers
New shop opens at West End Garden Centre
Customised displays and garden furniture are also new additions
Landlords see strong returns in buoyant rental market
Ross Sales & Lettings offer first-class service to owners and tenants
Alchemy Experiment to host festive markets on Byres Road
Around 50 artists and makers will be selling from the arts hub on different days.
Fir sale … Christmas trees arrive at West End Garden Centre
The garden centre in Partick took delivery of its first consignment of festive stock this week.
Country Living Christmas Fair is back at the SEC in Glasgow
Our offer provides a 30% discount on standard advance tickets for one adult visitor.
Something for everyone at St Andrew's Day Torchlight Parade
Tickets for the community event in the beautiful West End are on sale now.
'Park Quadrant Residences offers something really special'
The last remaining apartments at the prestigious Park Quadrant Residences in the Park area of the West End are now available.
The Sorries to play first live gig in Glasgow for over two years
Folk duo The Sorries bring their rousing take on the Scottish songbook to Cottiers next month.
Partick hair salon looks to the future as it celebrates 20 years
Staff have introduced fresh ideas and a new product range into the salon.
'I see West End and Byres Road as a melting pot of cultures'
Entrepreneur Tom Lei has relaunched 888 Express on Byres Road, selling groceries and Hong Kong street food.
Garden centre in a good place to weather 'perfect storm'
Brexit and lockdown has put the squeeze on plants and shrubs. Martin McCarron says: 'The demand is just so high this year.'
'I'm my own boss and the only person you will speak with when selling your house'
Chris, who lives and works out of the West End, says the flexibility he has is his biggest strength when working with clients.
Walker Wylie opens new office amid sharp property bounce
Viewings are up and some offers are “eye-watering”, according to the firm which has opened an office in Woodlands Road.
"When the pandemic closed my business I thought - 'what am I going to do now?'"
Colin and Carla Ashby open fruit and veg shop after family antique business is closed by the coronavirus pandemic.
'McGraff Barbering will be the best of the best … and Byres Road is a great location'
McGraff Barbering will offer a premium cutting and styling service for the West End's diverse clientele.
Backstreet style … the CoLab Store couple inviting people to get off the beaten track
CoLab Store is a friendly home and lifestyle shop with in-house coffee space based in Dowanhill Street in Partick.
'We have invested heavily in Byres Road and now we need people to support us'
Family-run outdoor brands retailer CCW Clothing on the challenges facing businesses coming out of lockdown.
'Our drivers are great at just popping out with milk or bread for the elderly people'
Sarah believes business will not return to normal for some time and the priority for her is keeping customers and staff safe.
'This is a moment in time. It’s not forever. You’ve just got to keep your head down'
Mhairi Friel talks about her business The Foot and Leg Clinic and her experience of lockdown.
Advertorial: 'Pay no joining fee when you sign up to the Western club this February'
After upgrading its tennis courts in recent months, Western now has some of the most up-to-date gym equipment in the city.
- A happy 96th birthday to Stanley Baxter, who was educated a hop and a skip from here (Hillhead High School). More famous for his TV shows and specials from the 60s to the millenium, he starred, with Leslie Phillips in some classic comedy films of the 60s 3 hours ago by BookshopGlasgow
- #MomentsofBeauty in #Glasgow: The perils of using cement pointing - this charming cherub capital on Buchanan Street, has sadly sheared. The inflexible grey pointing above has cracked allowing water to ingress causing the iron dowel to rust and expand, thus cracking the stone😢! 3 hours ago by MurphyNiallGLA
- 📣 We're now taking bookings for ads in our next edition. 🚶🏾♂️10,000 copies delivered around the West End 🚪Including 6,000 copies direct to doors 🛍 Help us #supportlocal. 🔗 Tap video for link to full details. #AD #magazine #glasgow #hyperlocal 4 hours ago
- "(David) Ireland pokes away at a few taboos, and is not afraid to push the boundaries of what should and should not be said" | Glasgow West End Today "Hilarious and entertaining" ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (Four stars) @PlayPiePint @OranMorGlasgow #byresroad #glasgow glasgowwestendtoday.scot… 5 hours ago
- We would like to offer our heartfelt apologies for the predicament this customer found themselves in. 😅 @TennentsLager @cluthavictoria @clydesidewhisky @scotiabar @TheScotiaBar @ashtonln @butchershopgla #weshowyouglasgow #butatwhatcost 6 hours ago by glasgowtour
- Our Countryside Ranger team have advised us a number of suspected attacks on nesting swans at Hogganfield Park. Please, when in and around the park, keep all dogs under close control and a safe distance from the pen (female swan) on her eggs. 6 hours ago by GlasgowCC
- 📣 We're now taking bookings for ads in our next edition. 🚶🏾♂️10,000 copies delivered around the West End 🚪Including 6,000 copies direct to doors 🛍 Help us #supportlocal. 🔗 Tap video for link to full details. #AD #magazine #glasgow #hyperlocal 9 hours ago
- 🔵This Weekend🔵 The Glasgow Contemporary Art Fair returns to @KelvingroveArt From 27th - 29th May gcaf.co.uk/tickets-and-i… Below: Andrew Fitzpatrick (Birdsnest Gallery), Nicola McBride (@fothgall), Gordon Wilson (@fothgall), Peter Howson (@Robertson_Art) #GCAF22 13 hours ago by gcaf2022
- I have just confirmed my summer season dates for playing the daily recitals at @KelvingroveArt! Recitals take place every day at 1pm (3pm on Sundays). Admission is free too! Do say hello if ever you are visiting and I’m playing! 13 hours ago by hawthorgan
- Due north. #hyndland #monday 23 hours ago